Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

feeling the need to update...

So...today I came home from a crazy day at work...and a crazy day at daycare (work again) to see pretty much everyone that I follow updated today. I feel somewhat obligated to update, not that I don't want to, I feel that I NEED to. haha :)

I changed my doctor's appointment from Monday (Nathan's bday) to Friday. Everything went great! I swear, If anyone is in our area and needs a great Gyno, I highly recommend mine! He asked how I was doing on the metformin and I told him I was having a hard time on the 1500mg and so he decreased me to 1000mg. This maybe TMI for you all, but for the month of March AF visited twice. I was NOT happy!! So, come to find out, I was taking too much metformin. Thank God all of that was figured out.

He also asked me how I felt about Clomid (I swear...it's almost as if he can read my mind). I was kinda shocked!! I honestly didn't think he would prescribe me Clomid since he is just my Gyno and not a RE...AND he wanted MY opinion?? WOW! I mean...really how many doctor's ask you, what you want and what do you think? I'm so freaking excited to start taking it. :) I know it has terrible side effects (mostly menopausal side effects; hot flashes, mood swings etc.) but, the sooner I take it...the sooner, hopefully, I will be pregnant. :) I have to wait until CD 3-7 to start taking so it will be a few more days, but don't worry, I'll keep you updated. (This is the meds I was talking about in a previous post that increases the chance of having twins.)

Now...the not so fun part, for Nathan anyway. He ordered a semen analysis. Yeah...Nathan wasn't too thrilled about it at first...but then I explain we can do it at home and he doesn't have to go into the doctor's office. He's dealing with it a little better now. :) I also told him that this was pretty much all he has to do, a woman has to have terrible stuff done to her at least once a year (for me...more like 3 times a year), this is the least he can do. So hopefully *pray* the results are good.

The doctor also told me I needed to stick with my diet, I had been slacking for the last couple of weeks or so. :( I know I know...I did really good when I was on it, it's just so hard for me to stick with it. Working at the daycare after school makes it so hard. By the time I get there after school I'm starving, I need to buy some healthy snacks and just leave them there. Hopefully I can get back into the swing of eating healthy.

1 comment:

  1. I know Clomid effects everyone differently, but for me; it wasn't that bad! I was a tad moody, but that's about it! And if you get a baby out of it then it's worth it right?! :)

    Keep me updated! I will keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete